Support the Local Authority and Police through information and intelligence gathering, to enable wider action and jointly achieve longer term solutions to community issues.
Reduce the impacts of anti-social behaviour, public nuisance and crime through collaborative action and facilitating early intervention and prevention activities.
Provide targeted activities to detect, deter and disrupt crime and disorder and reduce offending through education combined with enforcement.
Help make our patrol areas even safer by providing a tangible area resource for the Police and Local Authority.
Deliver services that hold public confidence and provide open and equal access to all within the communities in which we work.
Please view our introductory video below
Incorporating BS7499, BS7875, BS7984
Parkguard hold a mature ISO accredited Quality Management system incorporating British Security Industry Operating Standards and our executive team strives to exceed these standards. Our performance is audited against strictest known industry standards and all our activities are subject to yearly audits against the accreditations that we hold.
Accreditations and Partnerships
2014 — Parkguard Dog Handler — Borough commanders commendation for support and dedication to duty.
2013 — Winners "Partner of the Year" Borough Commanders Awards Metropolitan Police (Islington)
2011 — Awarded by Herts Police for significant contribution to policing in 09/10
We will achieve our aims by
- Working in partnership with Local Service providers, Police, Intelligence Units, Crime Reduction and Community Safety Units.
- Providing education and awareness based patrols.
- Providing a proactive, targeted, intelligence led patrol service.
- Targeting hot spot localities, identified by the public and the Police.
- Providing a harm reduction focused approach, hand in hand with enforcement.
- Providing increased public reassurance through high visibility patrolling.
- Reducing the fear of crime through committed community liaison.
- Providing alternative, specific and positive solutions to local community issues.
- Providing improved assistance to the public on behalf of the Local Authority.
- Engaging in community based problem solving.
- Providing an increased, approachable and professional point of contact for the public.
- Making effective and productive use of our varied resources.
- Actively targeting and prioritising low level and quality of life issues.
- Working with a long-term solution in mind as opposed to quick fix approaches.