Waking Watch Officer
Variable Hours Contract, £11.05ph
Various sites across North, East, West London (with potential for this to expand as additional requirements arise)
The basic duties of a Waking Watch fire warden include a 24/7 patrol in buildings. This is carried out across all floors of high-rise tower blocks to ensure all residents are protected.
In the event of a fire, the Waking Watch team will alert the emergency services and ensure everyone in the building is fully informed on what is going and evacuated safely – in a pre-devised evacuation plan.
We are seeking officers with a proactive approach to dealing with resident issues and of alleviating fear/concern as well as directing appropriately and taking charge in the event of an evacuation or fire.
Please click on each tab below to find out more:
- Facilitating continuous real-time fault reporting processes to designated maintenance teams as issues arise via patrols of the communal parts of the building, both internally and externally to look out for evidence of fire every 20-30 minutes.
- Contributing to the enhancement of the buildings general fire precautions
- Accurate recording in reports of any findings/damage/faults etc on the property found during patrols.
- Logging of various points throughout the building at the required time for each patrol via a patrol point scanner.
- Maintaining clear accessways, including the detection and removal of any combustible materials.
- Delivery of consistent, active resident engagement regarding any concerns they have and enabling quick-time reporting to relevant departments and housing staff.
- Check that all facilities provided for fire-fighters are accessible and functioning, including dry or wet rising mains and access to building and fire doors.
- In the event of fire within the building, Summon the FRS and manually to initiate fire alarm sounder or alarm ensuring all residents are alerted to begin simultaneous evacuation, taking appropriate action as required by the management strategy and Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan’s (PEEP’s) list.
Please note, The Waking Watch are not required to undertake any fire-fighting activities or subject themselves to any additional risk during the processes above.
- Good level of both written and verbal English, with the ability to communicate and engage clearly with the public.
- Fire Marshall Certificate
- SIA License & DBS Check
- Physically fit and able to carry out patrols of buildings, including stairwells
- Strong understanding of the role of a fire warden, however on the job training will be provided.
- Paid Annual Leave
- Increased Bank Holiday Pay
- Access to a range of exclusive online and high street discounts
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Wellness Program
- Full Uniform & Kit
- Training Courses
Salary: £11.05 per hour PAYE
Shifts: 12-hour shifts (0700-1900 / 1900-0700)
Full and Part time hours available
To apply, please complete the below and attach your CV: